Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Oatmeal

Elizabeth is not an oatmeal person. I wasn't a fan growing up either, but we've both grown to appreciate a warm bowl on a cold morning. Once the cold mornings go, E! can't stand oatmeal anymore. Now that the AC's running before we get out of bed, oatmeal is definitely out. As much as I don't like heating the house up, some jetlag got me up early to bake us some more acceptable summer oatmeal.



The Cranberry Apple Sauce muffins have been featured before . As previously noted, I swapped half the flour for ground oatmeal. I would have done the rest whole wheat, but we're running all our food stores out in move preparation.

Since the oven was hot, I threw in more breakfast goodness. While the recipe claims these are like cookies, I feel like it's more of a peanut butter cake. I can't seem to find the original source for the peanut butter bake on a quick Google, so here it is

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12

Ingredients


  • 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup  Peanut Butter
  

No comments: