Saturday, June 28, 2014

Time Traveling Smothered Burritos


E!s mom is the queen of the garage freezer. From jams to produce, all sorts of food spends time in what Julia has dubbed "The Time Machine;" Food enters one month, and magically emerges months later. Since I cooked through all our produce before leaving the country, I left quite a bit of food in our little time machine.


Upon our return, we didn't really have any groceries, so I threw a few jars in the fridge overnight to pull our time travelers out of the wormhole.

Time travelers 

There are dangers to time travel. One of the 2 jars of chicken enchilada soup I froze cracked, making the precious soup inside too dangerous to consume.

There was still plenty of chili, soup and cheese to thaw, wrap in shell and quickly toast for a delicious dinner. I made some brown rice in the background to round out the burrito fillings.


No comments: